Taking care of your investment
Wool is a protein-based fiber containing natural lanolin oil. Lanolin in combination with the natural construction of wool, make it very resilient to stains and easier to stay clean than most synthetic fibers.
A breathable non-slip mesh underpad is recommended when laying your carpet on a hardwood or tile floor.
To ensure even wear, be sure to rotate your carpet once a year.
When placing your furniture, lightly set it down and then move it slightly in the direction of the pile. This allows the fibers to lie flat underneath your furniture rather than be crushed.
Using an upright vacuum, vacuum your carpet in the direction of the pile at least once a week.
For surface cleaning: Using a sponge, wipe a mixture of a mild dish soap and water lightly over the entire surface of the carpet. Remove by wiping again using a clean cloth and water. For deep cleaning: Your carpet should be professionally cleaned every 3-5 years or when you notice the colours to be less vibrant. Carpets in extremely high traffic areas may require more frequent cleaning.
- The best way to remove any stain is to treat it IMMEDIATELY.
- Dilute the area with soda water or water and salt and let absorb.
- Using a clean white cloth or paper towel, cover the area and press down several times with your hand or foot.
- Continue to blot the area until the stain is removed.
- DO NOT RUB – this will only work the stain into the fibers deeper.
- If the stain persists, call a professional cleaner immediately.
For more information about cleaning and care, log-on to: http://www.carpet-rug.org
Dry clean only.
Dry clean only.